Main Forum
Page
of 5

[Jobs Perks Guide] The benefits of each job.

47 replies
Owner
Admin
Click here for jobs xp progression by level.

cooltext241651793140694.png
- Level 0: Craft Magical Crystal shards into Magical Crystals
- Level 5: Craft Iron horse armor
- Level 10: Craft Gold horse armor
- Level 15: Craft Chainmail armor
- Level 20: Craft Diamond horse armor
- Level 20: Craft Jobs Boost Gear.

cooltext241654058573485.png
- Level 5: Craft 1 Cobblestone into 1 Stone
- Level 5: Craft 1 Sand + 1 red dye Into 1 Red Sand
- Level 10: Craft 1 Dirt + 1 seed into 1 Grass
- Level 15: Craft 1 Dirt + 1 Mushroom into 1 Mycelium
- Level 25: 33.3% better chance to find items when digging.

cooltext241655190658455.png
- Level 0: Craft Magical Crystal shards into Magical Crystals
- Level 15: Salvage(craft) horse armour into 4 of its material.
- Level 20: Craft job boosts gear.
- Level 30: Craft 8 Leather + 1 Nether star into 1 Elytra.

cooltext241655920347567.png
- Level 10: Craft 3 logs into 1 Wooden Bucket.(iron bucket renamed)
- Level 50: Craft 9 logs into 1 coal block.

cooltext241656396722224.png
- Level 25: 33.3% better chance of double drops from crops.
- Level 25: 33.3% better chance of crops being instantly replanted
- Level 25: 33.3% better chance of Taming passive abilitys to activate.

Cool_Text_-_Hunter_perks_241658081203784.png
- Level 25: 33.3% better chance of causing mobs to Bleed when using a sword
- Level 25: 33.3% better chance to reflect half damage caused by mobs.
- Level 25: 33.3% better chance to deal bonus damage and Critical Strikes to mobs with Axes
- Level 25: 33.3% better chance of Arrow Retrieval activating.
- Level 25: 33.3% better chance of Dealing bonus damage, against mobs, with a bow.

cooltext241658869476553.png

cooltext241659366660777.png
- Level 15: Salvage(craft) horse armour into 4 of its material.

Cool_Text_-_Brewer_perks_241659917564855.png

cooltext241661258264241.png

cooltext241661959475711.png
- Level 65: Permanently gain the ability to create a chest-sized cooking pot that cooks food & smelts ores with near no fuel cost but does not reward any xp or money.
(Requires very little fuel to function - right click cook sign with fuel)
More info about cooking pots: http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/CraftBook/Cooking_pots

Posted Aug 3, 16 · OP · Last edited Sep 3, 18 by [Owner] Owenftw
List
Undo
Miner?
IP:pgmc.net
Posted Aug 3, 16
Owner
Admin
wrote:
Miner?

We're hoping to add unique perks/benefits to each job eventually.
If you have any perk suggestions, Send them my way :)
Posted Aug 3, 16 · OP
Untagged users
this is a good thing for the server however ppl are being selfish when it comes to the jobs they have chose the easyest jobs and the ones that are basic nasesaties in minecraft like mining wood cutting also because of player shops the jobs that require resorses are not needed i like the server that i have come back to but i dont like the ppl on it if they want to think of them and only them i go on servers to have fun and to grind for the good loot but i do not like the player shops at times because it devides the community and prevents social meetings they are pritty handy but the thing is there is only one shop tht is realy used and that is kare's (nice shop btw love the idea) i wish that there is a chat that we can toggle on and off where this job plugin is the primary thing like a market you can say where pepole ask for stuff like has anyone got any puffer fish and they use bartering to get deals like the stock market where evrything hasnt got a fixed price and i can give a asking price and you can ask if that can be lowerd the auction is good for the jobs but pepole are mainly focused on getting the goods and not getting the small stuff that is very helpful
Posted Aug 3, 16
List
Undo
Sent you a chat msg
IP:pgmc.net
Posted Aug 3, 16
Donator
This is freaking cool Owen! I love it! <3 Thanks! Pugs to you! :pug: Now if only there were more ways to get that pickaxe :-d
- <3 Tina

Posted Aug 4, 16
List
Undo
Donator
Voted today
This looks awesome I can't wait to craft these new items.
Posted Aug 4, 16
Owner
Admin
Small change to how the gear is crafted:

- A crafter/blacksmith will craft the items into a '[Job] Token'
- This token can then be taken to /warp jobtokens and traded for the gear.
This is to prevent a duping glitch that was appearing when crafting the gear, The dupe was figured out by kare_ and nobody else came across the dupe so there are no Duped versions of the new gear on the server :)
Posted Aug 4, 16 · OP · Last edited Aug 4, 16 by [Owner] Owenftw
Donator
As a woodcutter, and while I appreciate the effort, I have to admit that extra wood drops at higher levels feel more like a punishment than a reward. The quantity of wood you have to chop to level up already gives you more than you know what to do with: Sunny and I, the most prolific woodcutters, have sold hundreds of stacks of wood each, often at rock-bottom prices, just to clear them out of the way. I've got dozens of double chests full of wood and I'm still only at level 60.

It's my own fault for choosing the job without thinking it through, but I think at the moment woodcutter is one of the least rewarding jobs, especially as the byproduct is so worthless. With mining you turn up valuable ores; farmer produce can be traded for emeralds; even digging gives you a bit of glowstone, gunpowder and nametags. With woodcutting the absolute best in variety you can hope for is the occasional apple; otherwise it's just endless logs and saplings.

I'm not sure what a solution would be, but perhaps adding a rare drop to wood or leaf blocks (like the nametags in gravel) might help to liven things up a bit. If there's a way to do it, a boost to tree feller at higher job levels, whether an extension to the duration, or reduction in cooldown would also help, if only to speed up the grinding a bit.

Sunny may disagree though.
Posted Aug 5, 16
List
Undo
Donator
As a woodcutter, and while I appreciate the effort, I have to admit that extra wood drops at higher levels feel more like a punishment than a reward. The quantity of wood you have to chop to level up already gives you more than you know what to do with: Sunny and I, the most prolific woodcutters, have sold hundreds of stacks of wood each, often at rock-bottom prices, just to clear them out of the way. I've got dozens of double chests full of wood and I'm still only at level 60.

It's my own fault for choosing the job without thinking it through, but I think at the moment woodcutter is one of the least rewarding jobs, especially as the byproduct is so worthless. With mining you turn up valuable ores; farmer produce can be traded for emeralds; even digging gives you a bit of glowstone, gunpowder and nametags. With woodcutting the absolute best in variety you can hope for is the occasional apple; otherwise it's just endless logs and saplings.

I'm not sure what a solution would be, but perhaps adding a rare drop to wood or leaf blocks (like the nametags in gravel) might help to liven things up a bit. If there's a way to do it, a boost to tree feller at higher job levels, whether an extension to the duration, or reduction in cooldown would also help, if only to speed up the grinding a bit.

Sunny may disagree though.

I've already told Owen about the woodcutting and the amount of wood :P It's insane!

For one who's cut myself to level 1700 woodcutting, I know all about it xD
enjin-861852-2965221-gray.png
Posted Aug 5, 16
Page
of 5
Top Posters
747 Posts
666 Posts
607 Posts
541 Posts
438 Posts
386 Posts